Monday, July 23, 2007

Great and Grand Teton Teaser

(Click the link. It's totally worth it.)

Being a fan of my friends, I was pleasently surprised to hear from Summers today. I don't expect to hear from him often, and it's good to know that he's alive and doing well. The message was quite simple. We're climbing the Grand Teton again this year. Nothing will turn us back, unless it's really bad weather again, but we'll just go up the next day. Girls, you should know now, that I like it on top . . . of the Grand Teton.

Summers has been running his tail off in Florida. I've been climbing rocks in Utah. I think they should have us on mythbusters to prove that living in high altitude makes your lungs more efficient than actually exercising at low altitudes. I'll write in to the producers. I also have some ideas for Dirty Jobs, but I'll save them for another blog.

If you've never seen the Tetons, here's your chance. I'm pretty much amazing with Google Maps, so here you go.
Click on the photo to be taken to my customized map of the Tetons complete with a few of the pictures from our previous two summit attempts. Click on each of the placemarks, the red pins, and the pictures will appear. All the locations are aproximate, but you get to see some amazing scenery from the trail. All photos taken by yours truly.

(Summers and I made it to the summit in Sept. 2005, but our group of four, Summers, Joseph Griffin, Jason Miller, and myself, were turned around by storm clouds apx. 600 feet from the top in Sept. 2006.)

4 comments:

Oceanchild said...

I love your google map. I need to learn how to do that...although I don't really go anywhere so it wouldn't be quite so interesting.

Grifter said...

this gets my blood boiling

Joshua said...

great pics.... looks like an awesome time.

Dainon. said...

If you can promise I won't die, I'd like to climb to to the top as well. Can a casual hiker do it or am I basically living a dream?