Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Climbing Tuesdays

I'm going to try. I'm going to try


Tuesdays have become climbing Tuesdays, and I'm fine with that. Usually it's just me and Sam and Devan and quite often their wives. Occasionally we're graced by the presence of someone else, but they never seem to come back. It's probably because I swear too much. :)

This week, I climbed Twist and Shout - 5.10a, Monkey Meet - 5.10d, and Vaporous Apparation - 5.9 See Mountain Project dot com.
- Sam on Nipples and Clits (5 min exposure)


I'm always intrigued by how climbs get their names. I've been on Nipples and Clits, Kibbles and Bits, Schoolboys, Flinstones, Big Time, The Coral Arete, Twisted, Pigeon Hole Crack, and a load of others with their own interesting names.

It's all good fun, but I think that what brings me back to climbing is the margin. I love approaching the limit of my physical ability. I love being pushed right to the edge. It's not the adrenaline rush that I'm after, it's that one molecular bond between my fingertip and the rock that keeps me from falling.

When I got home I was feeling a little grumpy . . . no reason, but I decided to go for a run. It was on this run that I decided I needed to start writing in the blogosphere again. It was also on this run that I decided a third of a marathon is not a smart idea when I haven't run in months. I'll be hurting tomorrow.

2 comments:

Team O'Connor said...

Maybe I would grace your presence if a). I were a good climber and b). Climbing Tuesdays was not on Mountain Biking Tuesdays every week.

Price said...

Maybe you'd be a better climber if you came with.