Thursday, June 28, 2007

Beer Bratwurst


I ate them for dinner last night, I ate them for dinner tonight, and I'll eat them again. Yum.

The real reason I'm posting tonight, my first double post, is that My car was smashed up and I'm a little pissed off about it. Hit and run measures right up there with DUI as far as the law is concerned. As far as I'm concerned, it's right up there with sleeping with your best friend's wife/gf, burning an orphanage, or selling your savior for 30 pieces of silver.

Okay, just a hit and run by itself is probably not enought to damn you to eternal darkness, but this hit and run was witnessed by a little 8-year-old who narrowly escaped getting run over by the culprit. You can't run over little kids. Like any 8-year-old who has nearly been run over, he was a little shy, but told me, and Deputy Jenson exactly what happened. It sounded a little exagerated, the black SUV backing into my car, swerving to hit the kid, and jumping the curb up onto the grass, but sure enough, there were the tire marks where the guy had driven over the curb.

Not only did the kid give great testimony of what happened to my car, but he is originally from South Africa. It seems like kids that grow up outside the United States still have a little gumption, and self suficiency. He had some great stories about how the monkeys would get in his room and crawl up on his bed. "What did you do?" I asked. Nochalantly he responded, "I got a fruit, and led him out of the house." No big deal, getting monkeys out of the house or dodging dangerous vehicles for this kid.

Anyway it was a black SUV, and it took place accross the street from Cafe Rio on 33rd in Salt Lake around 2pm on June 28. If any of the 4 people who read this blog have any info, please let me know.

1 comment:

Team O'Connor said...

I'm so sorry about your car. I'm pissed off and all fired up just reading about it. Too bad the kid didn't remember the license plate.