Monday, September 22, 2008

The best wall ever?

Lime Kiln Canyon sits about 12 miles outside of Mesquite, NV. I know that of the 2 people who read this, rock climbing isn't among your to 100 or so interests, but I have to show this place off a little.

Summers and I went to the nascar truck race in vegas, and I had read about this place in a magazine. I'm sick right now, so my writing is really sucking. I can tell. Let me get to pictures.

Do me and you the favor of clicking on the pictures so you can see them in big. It will be worth the extra mouse movement. I promise.

Here's me leading a hard 5.10:

Our new friend Jason higher up on the same wall:
And a portrait so you can see how huge this place is:I may spend some time in the Utah/Nevada/Arizona corner this winter. I mean, look at this place. It's amazing.


7 comments:

Oceanchild said...

Yes that is amazing. And you should spend some time there this winter. It is fairly close.

P said...

i want to go see this area...if your down in nevada you should go check out red rocks, that place is unreal. it is about 30min west of the strip and it feels like your 100's of miles outside of Vegas.
check it out, and lets climb after Oct. 9.
then, i'll be ready.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are so sick. I have been here, but not climbing and your friend p is right Red Rock Cliff outside of Las Vegas is tremendous. Next time put something is for scale. Love you and hope you feel better. Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry, about the scale remark I didn't click on the pictures before I made the last comment. I see the people now. Love you still, Mom

William Cobb said...

i am one of the two people who read this blog, and luckily, i too, rock climb. so this is good readings!!!

Rivers and Monica said...

Wow!! It gave me goosebumps just seeing how tiny you all looked against the rock. So, I am taking Julia's Blurker idea and posting on your blog. We haven't seen you around for awhile, but we had an awesome time in Costa Rica and I could totally see you living down there. Or somewhere down in Central America. We met a ton of people from all over the world and although they weren't rock climbers they reminded me a lot of you.

More like travelers, wanderers, living life as it comes, yet not letting life make any decisions for them.

Grifter said...

good lerd....

some serious vertical plane there. this gives me an icy spine.

i miss you, man. there, i said it. i am feeling the loss of our excursions. cumberland gap, 2009?

thax lusor