Thursday, February 05, 2009

Becoming what I came from


I find myself turning into my father. It's more than simple actions, doing the things he does. Mannerisms, behavior, looks, are all following patterns I've seen before. I think that I am often acutely aware of things that are beyond my control. Or even if such behaviors are in my control, I choose not to suppress them.

I doubt highly that I can explain the subtleties in my maturation that I am trying to express. Let's just say this: Today when making juice from concentrate, I added extra water. Dad, it used to bug me so bad when you would do that. Today, I had no control. It was as if my hand had a mind of it's own. In went the extra half can of water.

On a funnier note, today I cleared out the entire Talmage Building on BYU campus. After welding pipe and burning insulation, and using a cutting torch within a few feet of this smoke detector, this afternoon, from four stories up, I dropped a six inch piece of copper pipe. It bounced down a ventilation shaft, and squarely hit said smoke detector. It was a one in a million shot. I can't believe it set off the alarm. So that was fun.

Finally, I would like to second Joe's recommendation of Bon Iver, and even make another of his songs available for those who wish to sample his work. Go buy the album. The song is Blood Bank.

Song is now uploaded. Download at will.

6 comments:

Emily G said...

Thank you for the copper pipe story. That made waking up this morning worthwhile. Before you wrote down smoke alarms, I thought it may have been headed for a student. Yikes.

Oceanchild said...

One in a million is right.

I add water to Landon's apple juice. He used to get mad, now he just deals with it.

It is Ellie's birthday next weekend if you'll be around and she's getting baptized on the 28th of March if you'll be around.

William Cobb said...

hehehe... copper pipe... false smoke alarm...evacuations...another fine day at work.

Grifter said...

this picture made my day a thousand times over.

post more of young Prince.

Price said...

That's actually young father Prince.

yo mamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.